Your Diagnostic Consultation
Each patient is treated uniquely: we listen closely, examine and then explain our diagnoses and recommendations in a clear, simple manner, offering a customised course of treatment that’s right for you. The Diagnostic consultation uses complementary and conventional medical approaches to assess your health and consider you as a whole – body and mind.
This initial consultation will:
- Undertake a full case history review of your past and current symptoms
- Explore you and your family’s medical history, social history and contributing lifestyle factors
- Provide an appropriate clinical examination, and if necessary perform relevant diagnostic tests (blood, x-ray, scans etc), costs vary for diagnostc tests and are charged separately to the fee for the Diagnostic Consultation
- Capnography – performed if clinically indicated, this specialised piece of equipment, which is non-invasive, measures CO2 levels, breathing rate and heart rate variability and is one of the most scientific method of diagnosing Breathing Pattern Disorder (BPD) and looking at an individual’s autonomic nervous system response
- Compile a diagnostic shortlist of possible factors behind your complaint
- The Diagnostic Consultation takes 60 minutes and will determine your clinical needs, patients tend to fall into 2 categories
- Simple/Discrete Clinical Problems
- Complex Clinical Problems
For Simple Clinical problems you will be offered follow up treatment with either Gerry or one of his clinical team, depending on the nature of the problem.
For Complex Clinical problems you will be offered a variety of treatment pathways taking into account your preferences, budget and level of care that you will need to help you overcome your problem.