The Health Expert
The Health Equation is a healthcare formulation (and prestigious clinic) founded by
Mr. Gerry Gajadharsingh DO who qualified from the British School of Osteopathy (BSO) 27 years ago and has had his clinical practice in the heart of London’s medical district ever since.
Over many years, Gerry has had the privilege of working and training with numerous highly respected clinicians both from conventional and complementary medical backgrounds and these valuable working and networking experiences, coupled with his extensive clinical experience, research, postgraduate education and lecturing have allowed him to develop a unique diagnostic and treatment protocol, which he refers to as “An Integrated Osteopathic Approach”, providing individualised healthcare solutions.
Whilst Osteopathy means different things to different people, Gerry believes it is simply “a philosophical approach applied to help solve health related problems”. Treatment can be so much more targeted and therefore effective if time is spent initially really understanding all the issues that may be contributing to the patients’ health problems – everything is after all not always as obvious or simple as it may first appear and, quite often, is the result of something else.
Mr. Gerry Gajadharsingh is responsible for identifying accurately what your problem is.
Typically, all new patients book a 60 minute Diagnostic Consultation with Gerry, which usually gives enough time for the patient to give their story, medical history, receive a clinical examination and if necessary arrange any further testing such as Diagnostic Imaging and Laboratory testing (blood, stool, saliva and urine) when it is clinically appropriate.
Treatment pathways are then offered to patients depending on the complexity of their problem:
- Simple: Treatment offered by Gerry or another member of The Health Equation Team
- Complex: Treatment offered by Gerry, often as part of a multi-disciplinary approach, which may include other members of The Health Equation team and/or GP/Specialist referral
Occasionally we refer outside the practice when clinically needed – such as for surgery or specialist investigation. With your permission, we may need to contact your own GP (NHS or Private) to liaise over results of previous investigations, feedback on investigations organised by our Diagnostic Consultant, or referral to another consultant, this is usually necessary when patients have private medical insurance cover.
Professional Registration Body and Number: The General Osteopathic Council: 1/441/f
Gerry is registered with most health insurance companies excluding AXA PPP, BUPA UK and VITALITY.
Outside of the clinic
- Gerry is a keen fencer, having represented Trinidad and Tobago in his youth at the World Youth Championships and Commonwealth Championships and after a 20 year absence returned and became Great Britain Vets Champion Cat 1 Foil (2010) and qualified to fence for Great Britain in 2015 in the World Veterans Championships in France and the European Championships in Croatia.
- Gerry is a passionate downhill skier and competes at club level in tennis
He was Consultant Osteopath to London and South Division Rubgy Colts for 8 years
- For several years Gerry ran the multidisplinary sports clinic at the BSO
His appointment diary is available Monday pm, Tuesday am & pm, Wednesday am & pm, Thursday am & pm at Wimpole Street, London and on Friday at Bowers Cottage in Amersham.