The Integrated Health Screen
This screening procedure is based on The Health Equation team approach. Mr Gerry Gajadharsingh DO, will perform all the elements of the Individual Health Screen. In addition the following functional tests, which look at nutritional, stress and exercise factors, are included:
- Holter 24hr ECG Analysis
- The integrated health screen blood test (EQ1) includes all the parameters of the EQ2, EQ6 -Haematology (Full blood Count & 5 part differential/ Biochemistry (24 parameters) screen. This looks at red blood cells, white blood cells, and inflammatory markers ESR/CRP, kidney function, liver function, blood glucose, lipid profile, uric acid, calcium, phosphate and iron markers. We also test for thyroid function (EQ6) using TSH, Free T4 and Free T3 and in addition:
- Red Cell Magnesium Whole Blood, Red Cell Zinc Whole Blood, Ferritin, and Vitamin D 25OH, important nutritional markers, HbA1C (3 month glucose marker), Amylase an Lipase (pancreatic markers)
- Urine Analysis
- Faecal Occult Blood (FOB) over age 45
- Comprehensive Adrenal Stress Index (CASI) a saliva test to monitor 2 stress hormones, cortisol and DHEA and secretory IgA ( 2 week turnaround), a saliva test to be done at home.
You will fitted with a Holter device for 24 hours to record the electrical activity of your heart. This will need to be dropped back to the practice to be uploaded online to the laboratory in order for the technician to reproduce the 24 hr ECG analysis report.
Many patients present with fatigue, and it is important to assay hormones connected with adrenal function, commonly cortisol and DHEA. Because there is diurnal variation in these hormones (the hormones go up and down depending on the time of the day), it is more useful to have several measurements during the day to see a pattern rather than just the one sample obtained by blood test.
Patients are provided with a saliva test kit for the CASI, including instructions on collecting the samples and posting the completed kit directly to the Genova laboratory for testing.
Functional Blood Analysis
We also use cutting edge software from the USA, to analyse your blood results, Functional Blood Analysis. Most clinicians interpret blood results using “medical reference ranges” provided by the laboratories. Which means if there is no obvious pathology, patients are told they are “normal”. Now this can be a good thing, but sometimes when results are lower end of normal or higher end of normal we can give a “functional” interpretation of these results, offering very useful advice to patients. It certainly has helped us being more accurate in advice, treatment & management for many patients who had previously been told “there is nothing wrong with you”.
The report is quite comprehensive and comes as part of your health screen.
- Functional Blood Analysis
- Functional Nutritional Assessment (indication of nutritional status)
- Functional Index Report (indication of the level of dysfunction that exists in the various physiological systems of the body)
You will also receive input from one of our affiliated exercise/rehab specialists
- A 90-minute consultation with one of our affiliated Exercise & Rehabilitation specialists to develop an exercise strategy
- An individual exercise programme with digital videos/photos